Summer Jewelry Trends 2022
Summer Jewelry Trends 2022
This summer, accessories are the name of the game. Dainty jewelry has been in for years, but just as bold colors have been making a comeback, so have statement accessories. Here are the top 5 jewelry trends to incorporate into your "hot girl summer" looks.
Gold Butterfly Pendant
This trend is for you if… you're ready to transform yourself.
Teenagers in the late 1990s and early 2000s will remember how big butterflies were. You saw it everywhere during this period — on clothing items, jewelry, purses, shoes, hair clips, etc. Any accessory that could have a butterfly on it did.
Why is the butterfly so popular? Some people think it's the fact that this insect constantly lends itself to reinterpretation. Whatever you're feeling at that point, the butterfly can help symbolize your transformation. It's also thought of as a distinctly feminine symbol. Some female celebrities have supported this understanding by aligning themselves with the butterfly. In the past, Mariah Carrey and Naomi Campbell were often seen donning the butterfly.
Today, Olivia Rodrigo has largely taken over the symbol. However, other celebs like Meghan Markle and Dua Lipa have also been spotted wearing gold butterfly jewelry or accessories.
The meaning of a gold butterfly is happiness and imagination. If you see a yellow butterfly in nature, it means that you'll be blessed with good fortune. To recreate this in jewelry, many people choose to wear a gold butterfly pendant. Customers are really following fashion trends when they add their butterfly pendant to a chunky chain link necklace.
This 14k gold butterfly necklace is one example of a jewelry piece that fits the 2022 summer jewelry trends. This is a cute, flirty, versatile accessory you can wear day or night this summer. It perfectly aligns with the Y2K trends and comes in solid yellow, white, or rose gold.
Summer Earring Trends
This trend is for you if… you're all about classy jewelry looks.
Tennis bracelets – formerly called diamond line bracelets – have been a popular jewelry option since the 1970s. It's a classic style that goes with everything. Today, you can jazz the style up by adding colored stones. If you love the style but want something more visually interesting than a diamond, consider a bracelet or necklace with sapphires, rubies, emeralds, etc.
The newest addition to this style of jewelry is diamond tennis earrings. This summer, consider rocking a pair of diamond line earrings (also known as tennis earrings). They'll add the perfect amount of sparkle to any outfit. They are this summer's statement earrings.
Here's our favorite pair of diamond tennis earrings available in yellow, white, or rose gold.
Tennis earrings are dangling earrings, which some people tend to shy away from. If you're unsure if they're for you, consider the following tips.
- Think about your face shape
Everyone can wear dangling earrings, but you may find that some earrings look better on you than others. For example, if you have a long face, wearing long dangling earrings may only make your face appear longer. As a result, short and round earrings can help balance these situations. Opt for drop earrings instead of dangling earrings.
If you have a rounder face, wearing long dangling earrings (like the diamond tennis earrings) can help elongate your face.
- Understand the occasion
Dangling earrings aren't practical in all situations. If you're wearing your hair down, exercising, babysitting, or lounging around on the couch, it probably doesn't make sense to wear anything that dangles. These scenarios heighten the possibility of an earring getting ripped from your ear. Plus, there's likely no need to have a fancy dangling earring. Ask yourself, "What's the occasion?"
Determine what earrings work best in which scenarios. A diamond tennis earring would look most appropriate for a summer wedding or fancy dinner.
- Note earlobe stretching
You should be particularly cautious of earlobe stretching when you wear dangling earrings. This is a common problem with heavy metals and stones. However, before you ditch dangling earrings, you should try looking for lighter alternatives on the market. The diamond tennis earrings can be customized with lighter carat weights according to your preferences. You can also purchase support accessories to ensure your piercing hole doesn't sag from the weight.
This trend is for you if… you're low-maintenance.
As we said, we're back in the 90s! Another resurging 90s trend is anklets. This is an easy (and effortlessly cool) way to wear jewelry even when you're active. You can keep a dainty anklet on whether you're riding bikes, in a swimsuit jumping in the waves or running in the hot summer sun. People love them because they generally don't notice them as much as bracelets, necklaces, or rings. Before you know it, you'll have an anklet tan reminding you how much fun you've had outside.
If you need a model, Jennifer Lopez has been wearing anklets for years. We love the idea of layering a few anklets to create a look with interest and depth.
This dangling anklet is a great layering option for the summer. You can order the anklet in white, rose, or yellow gold and select the stones you'd like featured. Gold anklets are the ideal accessory for mature, sophisticated women. Gemstones(diamonds, sapphires, rubies, emeralds, etc.) make the anklet pop even more. Anklets are perfect for the minimalist that wants a little sparkle.
Anklets are generally a more casual piece of jewelry, which is why they're ideal for summer. However, gold anklets can be dressed up because gold is a luxurious metal. Just make sure you have your feet and toes groomed when wearing an anklet. Any jewelry in this vicinity will draw attention to your feet. So, treat yourself to a start of the summer pedicure and wear that anklet with pride?
Toi et Moi Jewelry
This trend is for you if… you're searching for that summer romance (hot girl summer, who?!)
In French, "toi et moi" means "you and me." This phrase refers to a popular jewelry style that features two stones side-by-side. The style is. Becoming increasingly more popular for bracelets, rings, earrings, and necklaces.
You may have seen toi et moi jewelry previously in famous engagement rings. Here are a few examples.
- Former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis had a toi et moi engagement ring featuring a diamond and an emerald
- American model and actress Emily Ratajkowski has a toi et moi engagement ring with a square and pear-shaped diamond
- American singer Ariana Grande has a pearl and diamond toi et moi engagement ring
The sky is the limit when it comes to toi et moi jewelry! Most people are familiar with this style when it comes to rings. However, it can also be applied to necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
At Alexis Jae, we often work with clients who already have one gorgeous stone they want to incorporate into a piece of jewelry. We work with what you already have, and then incorporate another stone to symbolize the other individual you'd like to integrate into the piece (partner, best friend, parent, etc.).
Take this Toi et Moi Bracelet, for example.
It's a stunning example of how two different things can come together to create something beautiful. We love to imagine these two stones — their different shapes and colors — can symbolize two different people in a relationship, whether a marriage, long-term partnership, or friendship. While this bracelet features a round-cut emerald and pear-cut diamond on a classic cable chain, we can customize our bracelets in whatever way you see fit. Just let us know if you'd prefer different stones or a different metal.
This trend is for you if…you love a pop of color (DUH!)
In the past couple of years, we've seen the revival of color. Again, it's all 90s all over again. Oh, you know exactly the one we mean. First, it was the colorful beaded pieces with your campers while their moms worked their 9 to 5.
The color trend got less bold and more minimalist chic. Consumers decided they didn't want to wear rainbow beaded chokers again at 25, 30, or even 40. These colorful pieces still remind us of our youth. Here are a couple of ideas that might inspire you.
They're still colorful and fun, but they're a bit more subtle than your teenage alternatives.
We chose 5 of the biggest summer trends but couldn't not mention a few other trends we're seeing.
- Pearls: Yes, another oldie that is back in style. Audrey Hepburn's classic pearl necklace is being repurposed into modern designs incorporating diamonds, 14k gold, and other gemstones. If you have your grandmother's old pearls, now is the time to repurpose them!
- Hoop Earrings: Hoops might not be just a summer vibe, but they're everywhere this summer. Hoop earrings are the most effortless accessory to throw on and make your outfit suddenly seem polished. Hoops also make everyone's face look more symmetrical - we don't see them going out of style soon. We count huggies in the hoop family. The super cute huggie is great to throw on for a minimalist look at the beach.
- Choker necklaces: Taking another page from the 90s, choker necklaces are back. This could result from everyone's obsession with layering in the summer. The first layer is, of course, the choker. For layering, we recommend your 12" choker, 16" standard necklace, and 18" long necklace. Extra points for mixing not only lengths but chain types!
See You Later
As we can see from all the styles that are back from the 90s, jewelry trends come and go. We couldn't help but mention some of the styles on their way out (or way gone!) They might be forever part of your jewelry collection, but they should rest up for now.
- Body chains: Body chains did have their moment. However, their moment has gone. This summer, customers are opting for an effortless look instead of the maximalism body chain design.
- Gold-tone: Girls just want.... THE REAL THING. Gold-tone jewelry is lower-priced jewelry that (sort of) looks like gold but isn't made of pure gold. Customers don't want that off-yellow gold color that comes with plating anymore. Women are also buying 14 karat gold jewelry that lasts for the long term instead of just following trends that tarnish.
- DIY jewelry: The beaded necklaces and friendship bracelets that looked like your kid made at camp were fun while it lasted. Vogue said it was back in 2021 but didn't last long. We were half expecting that rainbow candy necklace to be seen all over the streets. We all knew this very fun trend wouldn't stay for long.
- Zodiac signs: The zodiac obsession came on very strong. We really couldn't get enough of the pendants, the charms, the earrings. However, every trend that comes in that strong goes out of fashion that fast. Zodiac signs - we hope to see you in another decade.
Which 2022 summer jewellery trend are you most excited about? Whether you're ready to transform yourself entirely with the ultimate 90s or Y2K trends, or you're looking for something a bit daintier (anklets and diamond tennis earrings), there's something out there for you to jazz up your jewelry selection. Don't be afraid to do something new this summer.
Our mission at Alexis Jae is to help people skip the middleman and invest in high-quality, ethically-sourced jewelry. We only sell fine jewelry (14k or 18k gold) featuring precious or semi-precious stones. Start shopping today and save 50% off traditional retail prices! Check out our website to learn more.
We're curious about your favorite trends and what you've seen go out of style! Let us know in the comments.